Position Title: Assistant Property Manager
Reports To: Property Manager
Kelley Commercial Partners, a commercial real estate firm located in downtown Little Rock, is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our team as an Assistant Property Manager.
Job Summary: The Assistant Property Manager while regularly using confidential client and Company information will act with independent judgment and discretion on matters of significance to the Company. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for a full range of administrative and property management functions, including but not limited to: budgeting building operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant and owner relations, and monthly reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties of the position, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the Company.
The following list is not designed to cover or be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Kelley Commercial Partners may require employees to perform functions beyond those contained in the job description. This position requires the regular use of confidential client and Company information in the execution of the following list of essential duties.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to draft leases and amendments/renewals for client, tailored specific to property client is leasing.
- Use professional knowledge of commercial leasing to draft Lease Briefs for executed leases
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to schedule and coordinate safety compliance measures, such as fire alarm testing, for all leased properties for which the incumbent manages, which includes coordinating with Fire Marshall, tenants, and vendors
- Arrange for preventative maintenance and repairs to property, which includes contacting and coordinating providers for repairs and maintenance with tenants and building management
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, co-workers, and the community.
- Act as key and main contact for owners, residents, vendors, and co-workers regarding assigned managed properties, and visit with tenants periodically.
- Use professional knowledge of commercial leasing and building management to maintain detailed history of managed properties, which includes information on accounts receivable, physical building repairs, tenant issues, etc.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to perform monthly inspections of managed leased premises.
- Use professional knowledge of commercial leasing and specifics of the various leases and tenants to ensure tenant activities comply with lease, property, and security requirements, and use independent judgment and discretion to draft compliance letters for tenants not complying with lease, property, and/or security requirements.
- Use professional knowledge of commercial leasing and insurance requirements under the same to review and approve insurance for all tenants. Incumbent is responsible to ensure that each tenant’s insurance is current and must use independent discretion to communicate with the tenant or its provider when necessary.
- Ensure timely collections of all rent and use independent judgment and discretion to draft and send collection correspondences. Communicate with Property Manager regarding collection efforts.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and submit to AP for Follow-up with vendors on missing or late invoices.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to resolve tenant complaints and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Use real estate agency license to show property space to prospective tenants, if needed
- Assist in the development, preparation, and administration of property operating budgets
- Use professional knowledge of commercial leasing and leases of managed properties to prepare annual CAM Reconciliation.
- Audit monthly financial reports and note and/or explain budget discrepancies or variances in preparation of month end Operating Statements, and draft concise explanations on interpretation of the same.
- Reconcile and audit billback/suspense accounts for tenants and properties
- Research ledger discrepancies concerning credits and charges as requested by tenants
- Provide backup for front desk and related duties as needed
- Attend bi-weekly property management meetings, as necessary
- Maintain a positive attendance record, which includes regular and predictable attendance and work schedule.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree; or one to two years of related experience,
- A valid AR Real Estate License,
Physical and Mental / Other Skills:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Competent knowledge in the use of Property Management software (Yardi), regarding A/R, A/P, tenant information and ledgers.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as leases, contracts, and procedure manuals
- An understanding of accounting
- The ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and written
- Ability to understand and generate financial reporting
- Ability to calculate ratios and percentages
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with Adobe.
- Ability to adapt to change according to the needs of the Company, owner, or tenant
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Willingness to work in support of and as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Employee will primarily work approximately 25 perent of his/her time will be spent outside and on the property where there may be exposure to the elements including heat, rain, and cold as well as loud noises and foul smells.
- Employee will be required to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Employee will be required to walk long distances during property inspections and/or tours
- Employee will be required to climb stairs frequently, and ladders, occasionally
- Employee will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stretch, or balance
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Position requires manual dexterity for office machine operation, including computer and calculator, stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and The employee must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time.
Safety Sensitive: This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because it requires the regular handling of highly sensitive and confidential Company and client information, on a routine basis. Performing this job in a discreet and professional manner requires alertness at all times. Any lapse of attention could have a significant impact on the Company and its clients.
Please send your resume to email@example.com