Position Title: Property Administrative Assistant (PM)
Reports To: Property Manager
Job Summary: The Property Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of the Property Management team. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent organization and time management skills. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work independently, work on multiple tasks under pressure, and handle confidential client and company matters with the utmost discretion. Physical presence in the office is necessary to support team members; therefore, regular, and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the company. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Kelley Commercial Partners may require employees to perform functions beyond those contained in the job description. This position requires the regular use of confidential client and company information, including highly sensitive financial information of individual brokers, owners, and the company, in the execution of the following list of essential duties:
- Provide administrative and clerical support for Property Manager
- Review and code invoices accurately and in a timely manner. Review vendor invoices for accuracy and submit to AP for payment. Follow-up with vendors on missing or late invoices.
- Reconcile and audit billback/suspense accounts for tenants and properties
- Research ledger discrepancies concerning credits and charges as requested by tenants
- Review, audit, and assist in preparation of monthly Operating Statements
- Ensure timely collections of all rent and draft and send collection correspondences. Communicate with Property Manager regarding collection efforts.
- Draft leases and amendments/renewals and draft Lease Briefs for executed leases
- Coordinate arrangements for preventative maintenance and repairs to property, which includes contacting and coordinating providers for repairs and maintenance with tenants and building management.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, co-workers, and the community. Act as first line of contact for owners, residents, vendors, and co-workers regarding assigned managed properties.
- Maintain organized and detailed history of managed properties, including information on accounts receivable, physical building repairs, tenant issues, etc.
- Monitor tenants to ensure tenant activities comply with lease, property, and security requirements, and draft letters to tenants who are not in compliance with lease, property, and/or security requirements.
- Review and approve insurance for all tenants. Ensure that each tenant’s insurance is current, and communicate with the tenant or its provider when necessary.
- Ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Assist in the development, preparation, and administration of property operating budgets.
- Prepare annual CAM Reconciliation.
- Provide backup for front desk.
- Maintain a positive attendance record, which includes regular and predictable attendance and work schedule.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree; or one to two years of related experience, preferred. Previous administrative experience is a plus.
Physical and Mental / Other Skills:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Competent knowledge in the use of Property Management software (Yardi), regarding A/R, A/P, tenant information and ledgers.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as leases, contracts, and procedure manuals.
- An understanding of accounting.
- The ability to communicate effectively — both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and generate financial reporting.
- Ability to calculate ratios and percentages.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with Adobe.
- Ability to adapt to change according to the needs of the Company, owner, or tenant.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision.
- Willingness to work in support of and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Employee will primarily work indoors. Approximately 10% of his/her time will be spent outside and on-site where there may be exposure to the elements including heat, rain, and cold as well as loud noises and foul smells.
- Employee will be required to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Employee will be required to walk long distances during property inspections and/or tours.
- Employee will be required to climb stairs frequently, and ladders, occasionally.
- Employee will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stretch, or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Position requires manual dexterity for office machine operation, including computer and calculator, stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines. The employee must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time.
Please send your resume to email@example.com