Kelley Commercial Partners, a commercial real estate firm located in downtown Little Rock, is looking for an energetic, conscientious, and talented individual to join our facilities team as Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, have a customer service-oriented attitude, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidate will work independently, but also shine in a collaborative team environment. This job requires a willingness to learn, grow and excel in a multitude of tasks. You will be responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks including building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.); perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinet, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporator coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Orders parts and maintains required documents.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Available to work flexible hours
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of high school education.
- Five years working experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Five years of Joint Commission experience in healthcare setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Use common tools.
- Understand and follow directions as given.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. calculators, typewriters, computers, Fax machines, copiers, etc.)
- Full color vision
- Exceptional hearing capability
- Ability to push minimum 100 pounds (power cleaning appliances); ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Ability to bend at waist, sit, kneel, lay horizontally, climb, walk, etc., as job may require.
- Extreme heat or cold
- High noise level which may at times require hearing protection
- High voltage electricity
- Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, paints, solvents, etc.
- Bio-medical waste such as hypodermic needles, body fluids, cultures, specimens, etc.
NOTE: This above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting principle activities. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Kelley Commercial Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.